Adding Romance to Your Next Road Trip—Packing Ideas
It’s that time of year to start thinking of romance and planning for a Romantic Road Trip. It isn’t all that hard to make your next Romantic Road Trip a little hotter and more memorable but what you decide to take depends a little on what kind of couple you are.
On the other hand, trying something different is the spice of life, so packing or trying something new or unusual might be just what you need to make your next Romantic Road Trip the one you both will always remember.
Little things can go a long way towards making special memories. So while phoning ahead to have champagne, flowers, and expensive chocolates ready at your hotel may be nice, it doesn’t have to be that complicated or expensive.
Here are some ideas that won’t break the bank but are fun and meaningful:
- A picnic basket with a cheery tablecloth, and some non breakable wine glasses is always fun for spur of the moment picnics. You may find the perfect little deli or winery along the way and you’re ready to go.
- A portable MP3 player for your room, the beach, or wherever your romantic moments lead you. (try loading the MP3 player with some songs that have special meaning to you both)
- A bottle of wine, some special chilled beer, sparkling cider or whatever you both enjoy, to carve out some romance at a rest stop, or on a hike or late in the evening.
- A portable DVD player and some microwave popcorn for watching a romantic movie in the afternoon or evening, and don’t forget something comfy or sexy to wear while you watch your flick.
- Some aromatherapy oils or massage lotion for a back rub or foot rub after a long drive or flight.
- A scrap book or memory box to collect little souvenirs from your trip. They could be a unique pebble or shell from a walk, a feather, a leaf, a golf ball, a matchbox from a special restaurant or anything that reminds you of a memory or romantic encounter.
- Bath salts, bubble bath or something luxurious you both enjoy together.
- Candles, but be careful as some hotels don’t allow them.
- A special game or puzzle or something you both enjoy doing together that you might not have time at home to do.
- His and her favorite magazines, or a book of poems to read together.
- Special scented items like favorite colognes, perfumes, or scented linen spritzers.
- A bag of chocolate kisses or your favorite candies to snack on while driving down the Interstate.
- Why not play a little to keep things light-hearted and interesting; so throw a frisbee in the trunk, some horseshoes, a croquet set or some tennis rackets.
- A small portable tripod so you can create lasting photo memories even when someone isn’t handy to take a photo of you both.
You get the idea. It doesn’t have to be fancy or elaborate but with a little planning you can make your next road trip a little more special and memorable, and isn’t that what road trips are all about?